5 Tips for a Mindful Summer
Summer is coming! As we move into summer and all of our vacation and festival plans, it's easy to get lost in the mix and tire ourselves out. While living in the moment is great for memory-making moments, rest and recharging is also necessary.
Here are 5 tips for creating a mindful summer to remember:
- Start with a Summer Bucket List: Create a list of 5 - 8 things you'd like to try this summer. From trying a cooking class to planning a family picnic, use this summer to step a bit out of your comfort zone and try new, fun activities that will create memories for you and your loved ones. If you don't cross everything off your list, don't feel discouraged! You still have time to make memories and enjoy the present.
- Drink More Water: Practicing mindfulness includes taking care of our mind and our bodies! Be intentional about what you're consuming this summer and stay hydrated to make the most of the season.
- Get Outside: There's no time like the present. Go for a nature walk or plan a beach day! Take in the fresh air while you can. Nature can truly boost our spirits! Surrounding yourself in nature can boost your self-esteem and being surrounded by trees for just 5 minutes can slow your heart rate and relax your facial muscles.
- Find a new book to read: Our summers can be full of fun activities but finding time to slow down is necessary. Stop by a library or bookstore, find a new book, and set an intention to read it from start to finish!
- Watch the Sunrise/Sunset: Set a timer to wake up early and watch the sunrise! It's literally one of the best gifts you can give yourself. There's so much peace and stillness when you take time to just be present and watch the colors roll across the sky as the day begins or ends.
*Blog posts may have affiliate links.